Friday, August 29, 2008

Being in Denver and NOT at Invesco Field

Driving through Denver at 6:30 pm was spooky. I hoped to get through on the freeway past Invesco Field before they shut it off. I was too late.

There wasn't anyone around but the folks assigned to close the ramps and the road. They had to recruit everyone and use any old truck with flashers, too, because one ramp was blocked with their street painting truck.

I was shunted off onto a Route 6 westward. Fine, I could exit at any of the big north-south boulevards here and get back to our digs at Regis University.

I was thinking, wow, everyone in Denver must be a Democrat. NO ONE, but NO ONE, was out.

They must all be at Invesco Field.

I exited at a street I'd heard of.

Oh, here's where all of Denver REALLY is.

They're on my boulevard, parked. Occasionally they move a few inches.

An hour or so later, I finally crept from 10th Avenue to 50th Avenue and made my escape. Ahhhh.

No comments: